Rabbi and Associate Professor at Ashkelon Academic College
Was born in the town of Outat El Haj, Morocco in 1945, he immigrated to Israel in 1963 with his family and settled in the city of Tiberias. He continued his studies in Israel in yeshivot in Jerusalem and was ordained as a Rabbi. In 1976, he began working as a researcher at the Institute for the Study of Eastern Jewry at Bar-Ilan University, headed by Prof. H"Z Hirschberg z"l. Until 2006, when he retired, he worked at Bar-Ilan University as a lecturer and a full-time researcher. Since 2007, he has been a senior lecturer at the Ashkelon Academic College as an Associate Professor. His specializations are Talmudic and historical studies, Rabbinic literature research, history of the sages and editor of manuscripts. In his work, he sheds light on sages of whom little was known, and writes about them, their historical period, and their comprehensive biographical communities. To date, he has translated about 70 manuscripts and written dozens of articles on the subject used by veteran researchers, and serve as an example for young researchers who deal with the Jews of North Africa, the Eastern Sephardic Diaspora, and the publication of manuscripts. He was awarded the Israeli Prime Minister's Award for the year 5779.
Full conference badge